Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Interview with a Senior at SJSU

The senior I interviewed is a girl who I work with her name is Katie. This interview was easy for me because Katie is a friend of mine and I look up to her for advice. Katie will be graduating in May of 2009. She will be graduating with a degree in psychology. I asked her about how her college plans have changed and she has been all over the map with colleges. She grew up in Alaska and goes home during her breaks in school. She originally went to Tennessee State University but she did not like it at all. After two semesters there she went over to San Jose State University. Katie said that she wish she started at SJSU because the general education was difficult to transfer over. She never changed her major and right now she is on a psychology research team that one of her teachers asked her personally to be on. After being at SJSU she has grown to love it and the advice her gave me was to always put school first. She also told me that she wished that she started college with a lot of classes so that she could graduate on time or even earlier. Katie has never regretted anything she has done in college, and she told me to not regret anything because these are the best four years of your life.

1 comment:

camccune said...

Sounds like good advice. It's pretty cool that she got invited to be part of a research team.