Wednesday, September 3, 2008

About Me


I am Erin and i am a freshman at SJSU. I am majoring in Hospitality Management. My first class ever is the muse class of sex, drugs, and rock n roll. I am liking all of the classes that i am taking. However, I love music and everything about it. My favorite genre's are punk rock, indie rock, and rock and roll. Fun fact is that i have over 3500 songs on my ipod.
Indie rock is my favorite genre because it is relaxing and easy to listen too. Indie music means that it is independent and it has not been signed to a record label. Now indie has turned into a genre known for the laid back style with lyrics that do not really make any sense. My favorite bands from this genre are The Shins and Iron and Wine. I have seen The Shins in concert before and it was the best concert i will ever go to. There are no words for my experience except that i was left speechless for the next day.
Punk and rock and roll are my other favorite genres i like the speed of punk rock but i also like the beat of rock. My favorite rock band has to be The Foo Fighters and my favorite punk rock band is Lifetime. I go to a lot of local punk shows and i like the underground music. Music is a passion of mine and throughout this blog ill show you why.

2 comments:

camccune said...

I think sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll could be a good match with hospitality management.

I like Indie Rock too, including the Shins. But I haven't seen them in concert. Lucky you!

One of my favs is an Indie band from Portland, The Dimes. They play on campus once or twice a year.

P.S. Capitalize your I's -- you're not texting me.

mmahaffie said...

Erin, I think we may be distant cousins. If you are Erin Mahaffie, daughter of David and Catherine and sister of Michael, then I think we are fourth cousins, once removed. If you are the Erin Mahaffie that I think you are, please drop me a note at mmahaffie@gmail.com. I'd like to invite you to "join" the Mahaffie family tree that we have been building at Geni. You can see the publicly viewable part of this (from my branch anyway) at geni.com. Your brother (I think) Michael has already joined. Also, please let me know if I am mistaken.