Sunday, September 28, 2008

Exercise 4.5

Course #1 Cultural Geography
  1. How difficult is the material? Somewhat hard but not to hard that I cannot comprehend it.
  2. How well is the material presented?The material is presented pretty clearly but sometimes I get lost because we watch a lot of educational videos.
  3. How intuitive or formal is the material for me? The material is in between intuitive and formal because sometimes I can related the topic to my own life and other times it just goes right over my head.
Based on my ratings I predict I will need to use the following learning strategies:
  • participate as much as possible when learning the new information
  • regulate my study time
  • explain the information in my own terms
  • think about similar ideas or concepts

Course #2 Environmental Issues
  1. How difficult is the material? Somewhat easy, I have taken an environmental class so I understand most of the information.
  2. How well is the material presented?The material is presented mostly unclear because it is given fast and jumps topic to topic
  3. How intuitive or formal is the material for me? The material is pretty much intuitive for me because I understand the issues and I can clearly relate them to my own life.
Based on my ratings I predict I will need to use the following learning strategies:
  • Think about similar ideas and concepts
  • Link the information to prior knowledge
  • Work out problems and exercises to "over learn" the material
  • know how to regulate my study time
  • know different strategies for different academic tasks

No comments: