Saturday, September 20, 2008

Music Memory #1

When I was about 6 years old I did not really have a taste in music because I did not really know about music. The bands I listened to were the pop-boy bands that were on the radio: Backstreet Boys and Hanson were my all time favorite. I did not go beyond the radio much because that was all that I could get information from about bands. I listened to mostly what my parents and brother listened to because they influence me on a lot. When I got a little older, about 12 years old, I became more interested in music and started to listen to more rock bands instead of boy bands. The bands I listened to were Everclear, Matchbox 20, Smashing Pumpkins, and Weezer. Bands like these were played on the radio and were popular during that time. Now that I am 18, I still listen to the radio a lot and get my musical taste from it but I have veered off from the radio and now I am into underground punk and indie music. The bands that I like today are The Shins, Iron and Wine, Shinobu, Lifetime, and so much more. I have broadened my horizon in different music but I will always listen to the radio, mostly 104.9 or 105.3 because they play my kind of music and I love hearing new songs and bands. My taste in music has not changed much during my life just the bands that I listen to. I loved rock, punk, and indie music, I still do, and I believe that I always will.

1 comment:

camccune said...

It sounds like you've found some strains of rock 'n' roll that suit you.

I've some songs by The Shins that I like, so I'll have to check out some of the others on your list.